Youth Championship Guide
Which type of Youth organization are you?
Please choose one of the following:
Changes for the 2016-2017 Season are in red
Divisions identified as ‘Youth’ will provide competition for the majority of youth teams who have competed with JAMZ in past years; however, the wording has been clarified to exclude teams who have left an organized program to form competition only teams, or join a program (i.e. city parks and rec. league) which has youth sports teams, but no formal cheer leading program – as defined below.
YOUTH DIVISION GUIDELINES:
- Team is affiliated with a governing youth football organization (i.e. Pop Warner Football, P.A.L., American Youth Football, Junior All American, etc.). The youth league must include cheerleading bylaws and cheerleading safety rules as part of their charter. Team supports, is affiliated with, and is required to” cheer for” all scheduled football games in their organization during the regular season. A public game schedule must be available for review.
- Teams affiliated with any sport other than football (i.e. baseball, basketball, soccer etc.) must compete in the Non Affiliated “NA” Youth Divisions
- Coaches must bring copies of their ‘books’ containing copies of each child’s Birth Certificate or Government Issued ID to JAMZ events. If ages are questioned or protested, a JAMZ event official will require this documentation.
- Youth divisions are determined by the age of oldest team member.
- The participant’s age on July 31,2016 shall be the participant’s age through April 2017.
Divisions identified as ‘Non Affiliated Youth’ will provide competition for youth cheer teams who are not associated with a youth football organization (as defined above, or representatives of an all-star cheer gym or dance studio but wish to compete.
NON AFFILIATED YOUTH DIVISION GUIDELINES:
- Team is NOT affiliated with a youth football organization that includes cheer safety rules or cheer bylaws as part of its franchise, or represent an an all-star cheer gym or dance studio.
- It is not mandatory that this team supports, affiliates with, or “cheers for” an organized sport (i.e. football, basketball, etc.).
- No Official Team Roster is required in NA Divisions.
- Coaches must bring copies of each child’s Birth Certificate or Government Issued ID to JAMZ events. If ages are questioned or protested, a JAMZ event official will require this documentation.
- Non-affiliated youth divisions are determined by the age of oldest team member.
- The participant’s age on July 31,"> 2016 shall be the participant’s age through April 2017.
- To identify a non-affiliated youth division in the registration portal and competition schedule, non-affiliated divisions will be referred to as Youth NA (Non-Affiliated) followed by the Level (i.e.: NA - Division 12 Level 2). The example indicates: A non-affiliated team, age 12 and under, selecting level 2 skills.